Tuesday, March 3, 2009

March madness...

Ok, So after debating and going back and forth between three different houses we finally made our decision. The house has 3 bedrooms, 2 bath (of which the master bath is WAY too small but that was something I had to compromise on :( ), 2 car garage, a fireplace (we were excited about that), they had put in new carpet and painted already. It has a great big back yard for our big dog that we will be getting some time after we move in! After signing many papers and going back and forth and waiting we got the final approval for the house. We are now on Schedule to move in to the house on March 12th! I have started packing random things in boxes but for the most part we are just gonna throw stuff in our cars and make several trips. We don't have to be out of our house now til March 31st and so we will just progressively move stuff out for those 2 weeks that we have. It is a very good thing we have those weeks to do it because March is a busy month for us!

Along with celebrating both of our birthdays this week, Brent and I have the fun of going up to Oklahoma City for my friends Heather's wedding! I can't wait and am super excited to see some of my friends!! Then on Sunday (which is quite a busy day for us anyways) I have to be back for my 13's volleyball tournament. So along with our daily work and routine we have several others things going on. Like I said, next Thursday we are then able to move in to the house but that may not happen quite yet. We then have our youth group spring retreat that weekend. We will be going up to Bear Creek Camp which is a few hours away. We will be having services and also doing high ropes courses and all kinds of fun stuff! So although this should be a great time for the kids it is also bad timing with the house. Then the following weekend Brent is going on a snowboarding trip with some of his guy friends in Colorado! Although this will be a great trip for Brent, again bad timing. That leaves me with getting to move some things that weekend.

So along with our busy weekends we have our usual routines going on. I am still working some hours at the gym and also coaching. We have practice twice a week and tournaments about every other weekend. I have also been volunteering in a 1st grade class about twice a week. I have really enjoyed doing this. It is getting me some classroom experience and a chance to work with kids. I actually got to teach the class while the teacher did some planning. So for about 2 hours it was chaos. Lol, no it wasn't that bad but it was challenging. I know as a student when your teacher isn't there, you are less prone to listening! It was definitely an experience. I am thinking that 1st grade is a little too young for me! I have been accepted into my teaching program and am going to start taking my courses hopefully next week. Brent has been working hard doing wed. and Sunday nights with the teens. Along with doing fundraisers and getting ready for up coming events. He has also been interviewing to get his district pastors license (which he is not too thrilled about). He has also started playing in their softball league again. Well I think that sums up our lives for this month!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow congrats!! I guess I spoke too soon on your FB wall!! Soo glad you guys got the house! You'll need to upload some pictures!! Lucky you with the new carpet and paint- I'd LOOOOVE new carpet... but its really expensive. Thank the Lord you have two weeks to move in- you sound sooo busy! It will be a hectic time, but I will pray for God's peace as you move (we did almost the same thing as you guys!) And again- CONRATS!!! And now you can get a free $8000 from Obama!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete