Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A whole new world...

So... 2008.. Very eventful year for the Huffs. That was the year we actually became the Huff family. Married April 19th... Moved to Georgetown, Texas one week later. Brent had gotten connected with the pastor here in Georgetown and was offered a job as the youth pastor last January. So that is how we ended up in Texas (a state we did NOT think we would end up in). lol God definitely has a sense of humor. So Brent quickly got settled into his job with teens. He has made great friendships and connections with the teens. He has been busy planning and doing many events with them. Overall he has enjoyed the job. I would have to say I was definitely out of my element. Thrown in a place where I had no friends, no family (almost), and no job! So I starting searching for a job. I started a job at Georgetown Fitness with the intentions of personal training. I have been able to do that but with tough times and slow memberships there were not too many people to train. I am still working at the gym doing some training and working the front desk. I also work up at the church on wednesdays. With my love for volleyball I just knew that I had to get involved. So, I am also assisting a 13s team at Austin Juniors volleyball club. This has been a great opportunity for me to be around the game I love, learning to be a better coach, and making a friend. The head coach's name is Laura. She has been coaching there for several years and she has been a great help to me. We had previously met at Georgetown Fitness, where I found out she was a coach for Austin Juniors. We then were put on the same team. I found out her husband is also a youth pastor and are a great christian couple. God has truly blessed us with the connection to a great christian couple. I not only wanted to coach volleyball but wanted to keep playing also. I was able to get connected with some people and play on a league once a week. Also, I joined a USA volleyball team and play some tournaments on the weekend. It has been so great to play again!!
Though I'm not gonna lie we have both had a really hard time moving away from friends and family and we miss them tremendously every day! I do believe God has a purpose for us being here and he really has blessed us since we have been here. We were able to find a great home to rent, that is only about 1 mile from the church. We are actually looking to move and possibly buy a house this coming april (pray for us!!). We have a great church family that we have made some good friends. ( I should tell you we have made a lot of older friends, more like our parents, we have yet to find some people our age, lol). So that is the story of how we got here and what we are doing here!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you guys are a busy couple! I'm glad God has blessed you with a good Christian couple to befriend. I know a lot of how you feel with moving away- no friends, family, or job! Although I'm only two hours away instead of two states!!! Haha! Glad you have your blog up! Its great to keep in touch!! Love ya girly!

    ReplyDelete